The buying process has some predictable steps and a logical sequence.¬† However,¬† we would like for you to know that within this sequence every transaction is unique, every transaction has customized processes that reflect the needs of the buyers or perhaps even certain aspects of the property itself.
That being said,¬† there is a certain flow to the average transaction, as shown below.
- Start the qualifying and financing process before looking at properties
- Search for home or land
- Make an offer on a property
- Finalize a contract with all terms in writing
- Work closely with lender to complete the loan process
- Remove any contract contingencies, such as home inspection
- Obtain property insurance
- Finalize financing approval
- Schedule settlement (typically your agent sets ¬†up settlement based on available time slots)
- Order utility services
- Conduct final walk through
- Obtain certified funds for settlement
As you can see, over a period of time you are going to do a lot of talking and thinking with the agent who represents you in buying a property.